What is Digital in Marketing?
Digital in Marketing Marketing simply is to drive awareness about your product or service to your target customers and make them buy or try your product or service through online tools and platforms.
Why Digital in Marketing? simply because your audiences are there on digital channels and platforms, so you want to approach them in the right time with the right message and the right creative and fill their needs.
Digital Marketing VS Traditional Marketing:
- Digital is 100% measurable in terms of results, impact and return.
- No need for huge budget as you still can do campaigns with 10$/day.
- You still can optimize and enhance your results at any given moment.
- You can reach the customer more than once in different channels in more than one touch point.
Digital Marketing Definition:
- As per Hubspot Digital marketing encompasses all marketing efforts that use an electronic device or the internet. Businesses leverage digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and prospective customers.
- As per Wikipedia Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.
Digital Marketing Channels and Types:
Digital Marketing Content Types:
- You can reach the customer with more than one type of content.
- You should think about the whole Digital Marketing Process as the customer Journey (the old definition was Funnel) so choose when to offer what.
- You should choose the right platform for each piece of content
More about Digital Marketing Channels:
By Mohamed Ali
Freelance Digital Marketer